Your oil inventory is an asset! This important asset aides in the protection of your mechanical resources. Let Allied help you manage and protect your lube products to realize the longest life and maximize performance of this advantage through analytical testing.
Allied uses third-party certified laboratories to perform this testing. We will partner with you to interpret the test results and create a maintenance program tailored to your needs. Web based access to results is available to you for ease in tracking and storage.
We test for three main categories:
Health of the Oil – Testing includes Viscosity, Additives, Acid and Oxidation levels. These indicators can verify that the oil has valuable life remaining or is due to be removed and replaced. Additives are sacrificial and are present in the oil to protect equipment. Acid and oxidation are indicative of oil break down. Viscosity can be affected as oil degrades or by outside influences such as water.
Contamination – Water, dirt and process contamination. Typically caused by the surrounding environment or auxiliary equipment. These factors are the leading cause of damage to systems and can reduce the life of the oil.
Wear metals – Tracking wear metals in your oil can support other analysis methods in predicting upcoming failures before they result in extensive damage or unplanned down time.
Extensive and comprehensive testing of turbine and specialty oils is also available.
Allied will consult with you to determine the necessary level of testing protocol and frequencies, based on your equipment and maintenance processes. Sampling programs are available that include collection and mapping.
Allied can further assist you in addressing issues that are discovered by the testing that include, but are not limited to, dehydration and filtration.
We will help you control maintenance costs by reducing time based oil changes to performance based oil changes. This will save you labor and replacement costs.
System Identification and location mapping
Allied will work with you to be your primary lubricant supplier and to show our commitment we will complete a site-wide lubrication assessment at no cost to you. Our partnerships with our suppliers affords access to experts in the industry that can benefit our customers with a wide variety of experiences and knowledge.
Includes evaluation of equipment and current lubrication products and practices.
- Confirmation that the correct lubricant is used in each application.
- Identify opportunities for consolidation to reduce lubrication inventories and costs.
- Best practices and improvement opportunities are identified.
- Verify that proper handling, labeling and dispensing methods are being utilized.
- Discover cost saving opportunities via reclamation
- Reliability Assessment
- Oil Condition Monitoring
- Contamination control
- Standard procedures
- Reduce waste and disposal costs.
Assessment will include a follow up plan to aide in implementing the improvements identified during the assessment. We’ll help you ensure that the proper lubricants are selected, stored and dispensed correctly; that the plant uses proper filtration; that your oil analysis program is up-to-date; and much more. Every site is unique; let Allied be your partner to tailor a program that helps you reduce downtime, costs and waste.
Let Allied be your partner in your success!
Reservoir & Tank Cleaning
Clean systems are imperative to smooth operations. Allied can provide the know how and resources to maintain your systems. We clean system reservoirs from 5 gallons to 1 million gallons. We also manage above ground and underground storage tanks for lubes, diesel fuels and waste products.
Allied has a full team of experienced certified confined space technicians. We meet necessary insurance requirements and follow all OSHA requirements for permitted confined space entry; we will provide all necessary permit documentation for your records. We will work closely with your safety department to meet your safety requirements. Temporary storage and disposal assistance of product is available.
Once a tank is clean, we will perform a “full inspection” of all internal and external components related to the job to include, but not limited to gaskets, suction strainers, breathers, supply and return lines, etc. Documentation will be provided at conclusion of job including “before and after” pictures.
- Storage Tanks AST & UST
- Diesel Fuel Storage Tanks
- Turbine Reservoirs
- Hydraulic System Reservoirs
- Gearbox Reservoirs
- Frac Tanks
- Tank Trucks
- Bulk Tanks
- Process Vessels
Filtration options are available to ensure that products returned to cleaned tanks meet your requirements and sideline filtration is available to mitigate any contamination remaining in the system pipes and pumps.
Allied can also assist with tank accessories such as filters, breathers, site glasses and additional permanent filtration.
We offer turn-key operations when requested. We will provide all labor, equipment, supplies and waste handling to meet your cleanliness needs.
Fuel tank testing and treatment programs available.
Microbe Testing * Fuel anti-fungal and water additives * Water removal * Tank cleaning * Breathers * Fuel filtration
Industrial Lubricant Reclamtion/Filtration
Our reclamation programs allow you to salvage your “used oil” and reuse it again. Oil is typically discarded because it is dirty or wet not because it has worn out. There is useful life left in this investment. Allied will test the oil to verify the “health” of the oil. If it is deemed to be healthy we can process this oil through our systems and supply it back to you for use in your operation again; at about half of the cost of new.
Allied will work with you to create a housekeeping and collection plan to construct a successful reclamation program. The oil can be processed at your site or can be taken off-site, to our facility, to be processed.
Filtration – Contamination Control
Particulate contamination can wreak havoc on your operations. Water ingression can occur suddenly or over time creating damage to your equipment and your oil investment. Allied has a fleet of filtration and dehydration units from 10 gpm to 30 gpm for rent or as a service, including the labor, to address these threats, without down time. For larger volumes we have our fully contained, reclamation semi unit that can clean your lubricant inventory quickly, at your location, to keep disruptions to a minimum.
Available for these products:
- Hydraulic Oil
- Gear Oil
- Turbine Oil
- Cutting Oil
- Paper Machine Oil
- Circulating oils for bearing lubrication
- Synthetic Oil
- Compressor Oil
- Quench oils
- Heat Transfer lubricant
- Off Road Diesel Fuel
- Metal Working Lubricants and more!
Varnish Removal and Mitigation Systems
- Varnish-related failures are detrimental to systems and your bottom line.
- Allied can aide in your fight against its damaging effects such as increased wear, excessive filter usage, restricted flow, damaged mechanical seals, poor heater/cooler performance, plugged discharge ports, valve sticking, fail to start conditions and costly unit trips. Varnish impacts a variety of Industries such as plastic injection molding, metal forging/stamping operations, hydraulic systems and Combustion Gas Turbine Units.
- Varnish can present as a hard yellow film on valves and linings of tanks; gummy brown accumulation on filters, clear and grease like, carbonaceous residue on hard surfaces or may not be visible at all. Mineral oil lubricants are vulnerable to oxidation breakdown resulting in soluble varnish and insoluble varnish deposits although new and uncontaminated oils, including synthetic oils, can also become victims of varnish. Phosphate esters employed as hydraulic control fluids are another candidate for potential varnish issues.
- Heat, particulate contamination, air and water contamination all can contribute to varnish formation. Utilizing the proper filtration and dehydration methods can contribute to diminished varnish potential.
- Through progressive mechanical filtration and treatment, soluble and insoluble varnish can be removed and prevented. Phosphate Ester fluids can be treated to prevent increased acid and potential fluid breakdown. Premature fluid replacement and associated costs can be avoided through testing and treatment, potentially avoiding costly shutdowns.
- Allied will consult with you to perform testing, analyze product options and create treatment plans.
High Velocity Hot Oil Flushing & Chemical Cleaning
High Velocity Lube Oil Flushing
- A cleaning process used with external pumps and equipment to rid vital equipment (System Piping, Turbines, Compressors, Generators, EHC Systems, etc.) of harmful contamination.
- Used to remove scale, metal shavings, or any other fouling material from system by flushing at a Reynold’s number >4000 resulting in turbulent flow throughout piping.
- Management of flow circuitry is used to bypass all sensitive components ( Bearing Housings, Gearboxes, etc.)
- Temporary filters installed in line with flush to remove particulate(BETA 1000, 5 um, Absolute Filtration 99.5% efficiency.)
- Services are performed during commissioning, turnarounds/outages, or after catastrophic failures.
Deionized Water Flushing
- Process utilized to ensure compatibility with normal operating fluid
- Used on Chemical Injection Systems, HPU’s that utilize McDermid Hydraulic Fluid, and other various systems.
- Reynold’s Number >4000 achieved during circulation.
- After flushing, nitrogen purge performed to -40 C dew point or customer required specification.
- Hydro-Blasting is the use of high-pressure water to dislodge contaminants (i.e. Rust) that are adhered to a surface.
- Used on Process Piping, Heat Exchangers (tube/shell), etc.
- We offer a Rust Inhibitor for carbon steel applications to prevent flash rust and corrosion.
- Chemical Cleaning process uses a special formulated process (detergent, acid, passivation) to remove various types of fouling material-(i.e. scale, rust inorganic material) from Tanks, Process Equipment, Heat Transfer Systems, Lube Oil Systems, and Pipelines that may, if not removed, have a negative effect such as reducing flow or decreasing efficiency (i.e. heat transfer).
- Often performed in conjunction with high velocity oil flushing.
- Allied Utilizes an ambient chemical cleaning procedure that’s proven to be effective and pose less risk to other crews working in area.